Prior to any NFAS Assistant coach achieving full status they must demonstrate that they have meet the required standards.
The individual club coach will be responsible for the training and instruction of the trainee assistant. When the club coach is confident of achievement they are to apply to an external coach or trainer from another club to carry out a standardisation check.
Once both club coach and independent assessor are satisfied with the candidate’s achievement both are to complete the NFAS Assistant Coach Assessment section of the application form (NFAS33).
The completed application form, the club coach’s recommendation (statement of suitability) and two passport photographs are to be forwarded to the NFAS Coaching Coordinator for registration.
Proficiency badges and certificate of achievement will be returned to the individual Assistant Coach.
To become an NFAS assistant coach, applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully paid up member of the NFAS
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- Minimum of 18mths continual NFAS Membership.
- Must be DBS approved (Subject to approval by the NFAS) See section: DBS
- Must have experience of NFAS open shoots.
- Must be recommended by club NFAS coach.
- Must be registered with NFAS coaching coordinator.
- MUST have basic literacy skill.